Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sputterings

First of all, I'd like to give props to Chelsea for winning the FA Cup. I'm a novice soccer fan, but Drogba's goal in the 116th minute was exceptionally fun to see. I love soccer and am so glad we have the FSC channel here at home. I always hated soccer growing up, but with the World Cup going on last summer, I got really interested. It's very soothing to watch, almost as soothing as Jeopardy. I've been watching a lot of the NBA playoffs as well, and I must say the Spurs are playing too good for anyone to beat them. I don't like them much.... I can't handle Parker's floaters, Ginobli's foul drawing drives, or Bowen's dirty play. I wanted to see Phoenix on to the end, but that wasn't meant to be.
I'm not a huge horror movie fan, but last night I saw 28 weeks later. I was a big fan of the first film, and this one possibly outdid it. Both films are exceptionally edited, and director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo definitely carried on the torch for the series. The thing I love about both of these films, is that they are frightening, yet tolerable. Since the acting is superb, and the gore is somewhat timid, there are minimal opportunities for cheesiness. The rule of thumb for scary movies, as exemplified by Hitchcock, is less is more. The more you leave to the imagination, the more powerful the film ends up being. I'll sight M. Night Shyamalan in this area as well. Granted 28 Weeks Later is still fairly gory, a lot of it is blurred by the stunning use of the handheld digital cameras. If you want a good scare, but still want to be able to go to sleep at night, I highly recommend this film.
I recently went on a cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel. It was extremely intense and fun, yet strangely exhausting. I feel like I wouldn't want to go on another cruise for about 5 years. There is something about being on a boat for 5 days that is a little odd. The cheesiness of everything on the boat was a little much for me to handle as well. There were tons of strange people on this boat. I sang Miami by one of my favorite artists Will Smith one night at Karaoke. The crowd loved it. Matt took a video of it. Ok I'm gonna stop writing right now.

1 comment:

Lauren Marie said...

Thats too bad you dont like the Spurs.DOMINATION. I would agree with you on Bowen though.

That cracks me up that you sang Miami, great song. I hope you did the girl parts..