Monday, November 05, 2007

Dwelling

I've been absent from this blog for quite some time now. When I realized it was finally November, I thought it would be a good idea to get on here and throw down with everything. It's getting nice and chilly outside. The fireplace in my house has been burning lately. We've gathered some wood from the forest and stacked it on our porch. Some nights I sit and read by the fire. Other nights I sleep next to it trying to stay warm. Then I just stare at somedays. I heard that the reason fires are so engaging to us, is that they engage 4 out of our 5 senses. Everything but taste. I don't have much else to say at this point. Everything is rad though. I wrote a poem the other day. This is it. Its about ugly, poorly built buildings. I don't really write poetry but here it is.

I drive at night along the black new streets.
My eyes see things the darkness cannot hide.
The droves of spacious lofts how soon applied,
destroy my land (my place) yet still complete
the function that all housing needs to serve:
to make a place for families to stay warm.
But often these monstrosities perform
a darker function that we don’t deserve.
They steal the life from children and from men
The end of time has started once again.

1 comment:

Andrew Michael Jacobs said...

Man, I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked your blog. I was frustrated with you until today because I found 2, count 'em 2, posts today.

I enjoy the poem. It seems a little too poemy at first but when you really drive home a point, your style comes out. I mean when you talk about things like "The end of time has started once again" it is strong enough to stand out.